By booking a class or studio session with Bea Alexander Pilates either through online booking or by cheque or cash, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions as set out below.
We want you to enjoy and benefit from your Pilates classes. The terms and conditions below are set out to help you do this and to safe-guard our classes.
By booking matclasses you will receive from us:
- Expert, experienced teaching from fully qualified Pilates teachers.
- Limited class sizes and the choice of 12 or 15 people per class max, or a small group class (8 max)
- The benefit of our courtesy make up class facility.
- Equipment use at our home venues, The Grange Studio, Central Studio, and at our sister-studio, Gathering Essence, but you need to provide your own mat at Eric Liddell Centre.
Payments, Cancellations & Refunds
Your matclass or studio session is not confirmed until we have received payment from you. If you choose to pay by cheque or cash, your place is only secure once we have received it and notified you of receipt.
All termly and six or seven-week blocks of Matclasses, including Pregnancy and Post-Natal classes, once booked, are non-refundable, non-changeable and not transferable to another person.
Studio sessions, be they one-off or a block, once purchased, are non-refundable, non-changeable and not transferable to another person.
These terms are applicable to everyone in all circumstances. Thank you for your understanding.
The Summer Monday 12.30pm ‘Drop-in’ Matclass Cancellation Policy
Please cancel your drop-in class reservation at least 24 hours before the start of class. Cancellations 24 hours or less from the class start time and no shows are charged for. We are sorry, they cannot be swapped for another class or made up.
“Late Cancel” appears when the online cancellation period has passed. If you click on this option it allows another person to register in that availability.
Studio Appointment Cancellation Policy
We supply all the equipment you need, including mats, at our homes, the Grange Studio, Central Studio and our sister studio, Gathering Essence.
The Eric Liddell Centre is not a sole-purpose bodywork studio like the others, and they do not allow us to leave very much equipment there, so we ask you to bring your own mat to the venue.
For hygiene and comfort reasons, many people like to bring their own mat to class.
- I understand that my teacher is a qualified and insured Pilates matclass or studio teacher.
- I understand that Bea Alexander Pilates is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of my personal belongings while I attend class.
- I will tell the teacher of anything painful / unusual I experience in the class and between classes.
- I will stop doing the exercise if I or s/he thinks I need to, or follow the alternatives my teacher gives me.
- I understand my teacher may offer me professional advice relating to my ability to exercise and s/he may consider it unprofessional to continue to teach me if I do not wish to follow that advice.
- I will keep my teacher updated on any changes in my medical condition.
- I understand that all exercise carries a risk and I voluntarily participate in Bea Alexander Pilates classes with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death. I agree that neither I, my heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against Bea Alexander Pilates or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
- If you are struggling with anything in your class, have any problems or concerns, do please let us know as soon as you can, and we will do our best to help.
- We reserve the right to change the advertised teacher if the teacher is unavailable due to illness or unforseen circumstances. No money will be refunded if the class teacher changes.
- If there are not enough people booked into the class to run it for the term, we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund will be given to to you.
Absence and our Courtesy Make-up Class Policy
- If you are going to be absent from your matclass for more than one week, please let us know, or we will wonder what has happened to you.
- We run a courtesy ‘make up class’ policy for our termly-booked classes, which means that if you are ill, kept at work, or on holiday and miss one of your classes, you can come along to a class of a similar level and make that class up. You can even ‘make up’ a class in advance of you being absent!
- You can ‘make-up’ classes in an of our ‘standard’, 12-15 person classes of a level appropriate for you.
- You CANNOT make-up class in the Small-Group Class on Thursdays at 1.35pm (as people are paying more for this class to make it a maximum of 8 people) But if you are attending the Small-Group class, you CAN make up in the 12-15 people classes. Thank you for following this condition.
- Summer 2016, we are running the Monday 12.30-1.30pm class as either paying for the block of 6 classes (£68) and the usual making-up classes in other classes rule applies to you. OR you can book one-off sessions in this class for £15. If you are booking one-off sessions, they are not transferable to another date / time / class, nor can you make-up this class if you miss it by going to another class – they are one-off purchases for a specific class. It also means no-one is allowed to use Monday 12.30-1.30pm as a make-up class during the summer. Thank you for your understanding.
- Pregnant & Post-Natal women, we cannot offer you any definite class to make up in, if you need to miss a class, but you might be fine to attend a beginners ot level 1 class. It is worth contacting us to find out what might be suitable for you. However if you all let us know in advance if you are going to be away one week on holiday, we can then let someone else make-up in your space that week.
To make use of the courtesy make-up policy, you do not need to let us know in advance that you want to come along and make up. Just turn up to the class you would like to make up in, introduce yourself to the teacher, and see if there is an available space. Please inform this teacher of any health conditions or injuries so s/he can guide you safely in the make up class. It is your responsibility to do this. We cannot guarantee there will be a space for you in the class you would like to make up in, but it is always worth a go. Only very occasionally do we have too many people to fit in.
This is a courtesy arrangement and we ask you only to make use of it if you really need to miss a class. You cannot ‘carry over’ classes you missed into the next term of classes. The policy only applies to the term of classes you miss a class in.
We make all our venues as safe as we can, but your belongings are left in the studios at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible for anything lost or stolen.
If you think you have left something in any of the studios, do let us know and we will endeavor to find it for you. Please note that we own the Grange Studio and Central Studio but not all of us teachers are in the studios every day. One of us will check for your property as soon as we are able, and let you know if we find it. Hopefully we can arrange for you to pick it up when one of us is teaching there. If you and we cannot coincide in time, you may have to wait until your class the next week to receive your property back. We do not own Gathering Essence or the Eric Liddell Centre and we only have access to these studios when we are teaching class. It is possible you will have to wait until the next week for us to even check for you. You can contact these venues directly to ask them if they have seen your property.